Safety, security of all residents in Oyo remain my top priority – Makinde

Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has said that the safety and security of residents of the state remain his top priority.

Makinde made said this while on Wednesday in Ibadan, the State capital.

Speaking on the series of killings in the past few weeks in the state, the governor declared that his government will do everything possible to end kidnapping and insecurity in the State.

READ  COVID-19 vaccine: Nigerian govt backs NAFDAC

He added that his government will work with all security agencies including the newly-introduced Oyo State Security Network Agency also known as Amotekun Corps to ensure that the state is safe for all.

“The safety and security of all residents of Oyo State remain our top priority. We will continue to work relentlessly to tackle cases of kidnapping and insecurity in our state.

“We are also putting in place other policies to address insecurity, especially with regards to youth restiveness.

READ  Enugu: Gov. Ugwuanyi reiterates commitment to quality, accessible healthcare

“Last year, after the EndSARS protests, we talked about three things that we will be doing to reduce youth unemployment and improve the security situation in the state.

“We talked about the N500 million MSME fund that we will set up, employment opportunities for 5,000 young persons across all government agencies and the provision for the direct labour agency.

READ  NCDC reports 143 new COVID-19 cases in Nigeria, as toll hits 65,982

“We could not do all of these towards the end of last year because we had budgetary constraints. “But now, we have put these schemes in this year’s budget and we should be implementing them as scheduled this year.”

Safety, security of all residents in Oyo remain my top priority – Makinde

Source link

About admin 17275 Articles
A Passionate blogger, SEO Master, tech GURU