Archbishop Samson Benjamin, the General Overseer of Resurrection Praise Ministry, took to the streets of Lagos on Sunday, April 11, to protest against the Buhari-led administration with a coffin on his head.
Benjamin, popularly known as Jehovah Sharp Sharp, carried a coffin as he marched through the streets of Festac.
The Bishop claimed God asked him to do so because he wasn’t happy with the government and the state of the nation.
The cleric explained that his action was the outcome of “a spiritual journey of more than one year”.
“From the 15th of September 2019 up until this moment, I have not eaten food cooked by fire or any pleasant food, I have been seeking the face of God over this great country.
“Last week, I had a mortal vacation, which was a solitary confinement where I didn’t talk to any human to be with the cabinet of the trinity, I didn’t see the sun, moon, clouds.’
“What you are seeing me do here right now is what the Prophets of Old would do. God will ask them to carry a symbol when he wants to pass a message to the leaders of the nation.
“He said to me ‘Go and carry a coffin on your head, it is not furniture or anything for interior decoration, it is good for nothing, it is at the end of the life of a man that he is put into a coffin.”
Benjamin quoted the message he heard: “Tell the leaders that they have intentionally depleted the common resources that belong to this great country and have brought hardship on the citizens, I am not happy with it.”
The Archbishop urged Nigerians to tell the leaders the truth. He described Nigeria as a disappointment to the Lord God almighty “who brought people of various ethnicities together and gave them the resources”
“But those in power have chosen to make the commonwealth of the country their personal property, this is the reason I am carrying this coffin, God is not happy, and he is saying it is not political leaders alone, including the religious and traditional leaders.”
On why he didn’t take it to the Aso Villa, the seat of power in Abuja, Benjamin said God had not asked him to do that yet.
“Human rights is the right of citizens of this country, we have found ourselves in a government that sees you as an enemy when you are being constructive in your criticism.”
The clergyman stressed that the way forward for Nigeria is that those in power need to sit and decide if the country should stay together or not.
“Secession cry is everywhere, the question is, Is it God’s will that all these must happen? We need to sit down at a round table and look at it again what and what put us together, whether those things are still workable today or are no longer workable”, Benjamin said.
Davistech Adewumi (CEO DAVISLOADED) is a Nigerian news carrier blogger, writer, entrepreneur, SEO Expert, Tech Guru and a web developer. We bring you the Nigerian News, Music, Sport Talk and All Informative Messages On This Medium. Connect With Me Via: IG/Twitter: @davisloaded Call/Whatsapp: +2349038173068
Royal monarch, Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi has suffered another heartbreak as one of his queens has allegedly packed out and exited their marriage a few months after one of his queens dumped him.
Controversial Instagram blogger, Gistlovers made the revelation on his page and promised to share details about this case as he will give vivid explanation to the circumstances that led to the queen ending their marriage.
It would be recalled that the 81-year-old royal monarch gifted one of his wives, Memunat Omowumi, a beautiful mansion and this sparked a widespread uproar on social media with some alluding to the fact that the gift was meant to spite the two queens who had walked out their palace.
The blogger wrote:
Vawulence Palace:Another spanner lost as Alaafin of Oyo last wife also leaves the palace months after his two favorite queen left the palace and ran to Lagos, Details later.
“Sometimes it gets me very emotional to see how far I’ve come from where I started, from selling corn to fuel, to a lot of other businesses I did before. I’m very proud of myself, and I know that there are a lot of people looking up to me.
Nollywood actress, Iyabo Ojo recently took to social media to issue out a stern warning to her colleagues in the movie industry, who seems to be taking sides with Baba Ijesha as regards the alleged sexual assault of a 14-year-old girl.
The 43-year-old actress also called on the public to cut down the rate at which the news is going viral, owing to the fact that the minor who was allegedly abused by Baba Ijesha is also watching.
For those requesting video proof to back up the allegation that Baba Ijesha actually indulged in the act, the actress speaking as a mother that she is called on them to put themselves in the shoes of the girl and the parents. She asked how they would actually feel if it was their child that was to appear in such a demeaning video.